Nowadays, the printer has become popular in people's daily life. Since we use it frequently, users often meet this or that kinds of problems. And it will be time and money costing if we invite maintenance personnel to fix printer problems. Actually the interior of the printer is not complex, and for some general problems, we can fix by ourselves. Here we will introduce five simple ways to fix printer problems. And now we will give some instructions on some printer problems.
1. Printing Effect is Different From the Preview
Usually this situation is happening in a text editor, such as Word or WPS2000 etc. The format is clear and neat when preview, but to find part printed font is overlap. This kind of situation is general because of the unsuitable setting when editing. The solution is to change the "page property" of the file. Such as paper size, paper type, characters per line.
Tips: If you are using HP computer and want to download drivers, you can go to http://www.hp-driver.net to see what you need.
2. Printing unclear
This kind of problem is very common. Generally speaking, this problem is related to the hardware fault. We should pay attention to some key parts of the printer. Here we set inkjet printers as example. When printing's color is fuzz and font is unclear, we can focused on the shower nozzle. First we should do the automatic cleaning for the pinter head. If unsuccess, we can use soft imbibition paper to wipe the printer head. If still unsuccess, we only have to reinstall the printer driver. Here We introduce Driver Robot to download the correct driver for you.
3. Unable to Print Large Files
This kind of problem occurred more in laser printers. Maybe it is normal to print small files, but the printer will crash if print large files. This kind of problem mainly caused by the software failure. You can check the remaining space of the hard drive, delete some useless files, or check the printer memory number to see whether we can do some expansion.
4. Printer No Response
If the printer has no response, the system will usually suggested that "please check if the connection of the printer cable is normal and online". The general reasons are maybe the power line don't connect correctly, printer cable contacts undesirable, or the computer parallel damaged etc. The solution basically have:
- If the printer can't start normally, that is the power light is off. Firstly to check whether the power cord is connected to the printer properly. Turn off the printer and connect the power cord once again, and change to another power socket to see if it can work.
- If you press the power switch and the printer can work normally. You can go into the BIOS setting to see the parallel setting. Generally the printer is used with ECP mode. But some printers don't support ECP mode, then you can use ECP+EPP, or "Normal" way.
- If the above two methods are invalid, you need to focus on the printer cable. Turn off the computer first, pull down the two ends of the printer cable and insert again. If problem also can not solved, change a new printer cable, or use alternative method.
5. Printing Incomplete
It is certainly caused by the software failure. We can change the pinter interface settings in Windows 95/98. The procedure as: start > set > control panel > system > equipment management > port > printer port > drivers > change drivers > show all devices, change the "ECP printer port"
into "printer port", and confirm.
The above five ways to fix printer problems are all common problems. It is very important to use your judgment to solve the printer problems. As long as to find the cause of the problem, we can use the hardware or software maintenance method to fix the printer problems. Of course that we will meet more other printer problems, that require us to master more printer fixing skills.
Must Reads: How to Find the Make Model of PC Parts, How to Fix Windows Shutdown Problems, The Science of Installing Drivers in Archive Form